Since I have to do this every month and the requirements just recently changed on 12/31/2011, I thought I’d write a post with the updated requirements. They are impossible to find online and hopefully others will find this useful as well.
Remember that banks are closed from 11:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. and that the fee can only be paid at a certain bank (req. 1). Also the following is for the first extension. For subsequent extensions, you only need to pay the fee and bring the receipt to the DAS.
Anyways, the current requirements as of 12/31/2011 are below. Good luck and happy travels!
1. Consignar $75.500 pesos (COP) en Banco Occidente cuenta corriente No. 263-05464-5 Codigo 103. Traer consignacion original con dos copias.
2. Dos fotocopias de los datos biograficos del pasaporte.
3. Pasaporte original.
4. Dos fotocopias del sello de entrada al pais.
5. Dos fotografias fondo azul 3 x 4.
6. Diligenciar formulario solicitud de tramites con su respective copia.
These articles might also be helpful:
If you've been in Colombia for 6 months already and you're not sure if you have extensions left or what to do, check out this post, which might help.
And the follow up to it: My adventure to Venezuela to renew my Colombian visa.